1. The brain is a complex system of distinct elements that functions as a synergistic interconnected whole.
2. The brain innately searches to construct meaning out of patterns and perceived regularities.
3. The functional organization of the brain can be altered by experience.
4. The brain utilizes two distinct memory systems.
5. Constructing new knowledge begins with the activation of prior knowledge.
6. The recall of information is maximized by utilizing multiple input modalities and methods of encoding.
7. Human learning is a constructive process facilitated by the active manipulation of materials and ideas
8. The nature and quality of human learning and memory are closely tied to our emotional state.
9. Human learning is a process sensitive to social and cultural context.
10. Human learning is a process that requires periods of down time.